Monday, November 14, 2016

Thai Villa NYC

Thai villa - A new generation Thai Food


o
Wish me luck writing this blog as Thai Villa has left me absolutely speechless! 
I'll start with what first caught our eyes... the decor! This really must be what Heaven looks like! Honestly, I don't think any description I can give can possibly do it any justice so you just have to see it for yourself. 

Before I get to the food, I must point out how nice their menu is. It opens somewhat like a cute diary and the pages are never ending! Be prepared to do a lot of reading because their extensive menu offers so much *soooooo* much, not kidding. And once you think you know what you want, you suddenly find something else that looks appealing (and this pattern goes on for about 10 minutes straight until you find the strength to close the menu and just order). Everything on their menu sounds really good... so good luck making a final decision -- it's not easy! 

The food. OMG, the food!!!! So beautiful. So fresh. So tasty. They gave my friend and I these complimentary bites which incorporated a mini ball of meat (chicken or beef?), pineapple, and peppers -- wow! The combination of sweet and spicy is just too good for words. Then our orders came in... We shared an amazing appetizer that had chicken wrapped in leaves (very interesting, fun and delicious)! For entrées, I had the Chilean Sea Bass (I didn't want to add to the countless videos of this dish on Yelp so please check other reviews if you want to see the action) and my friend had the Crab Fried Rice (delicious!). 
I will definitely be back to try their desserts! We had a few drinks too but the lychee martinis were our favorite. 

The service was great! The food was amazing (taste AND presentation)! And the decor is breathtaking! How anyone can give this place less than 5 stars is beyond me?

2 comments: