Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Great Places for Afternoon Tea in NYC Part I

NO. 1 Palm Court at The Plaza

8aaab0cfgw1f7doxynscoj21kw1kw7wh
The Palm Court at the Plaza Hotel is the one place most people think of when they think of afternoon tea in New York City. The Palm Court showcases classic American savory menus from morning to evening, while Despont has brought the grand feeling of Central Park indoors, creating an ambience that feels warm, private and glamorous. Bespoke furnishings provide a relaxed, yet elegant setting well-suited for either a professional breakfast meeting or an evening of cocktails crafted by mixologist Brian Van Flandern. Afternoon Tea truly shines with custom tableware and china, a tea list with worldly depth, and of course, a bit of Eloise too. Pastry Chef Matthew Lambie creates unique dessert experiences that effortlessly combine both classic and modern elements, while staying true to the Palm Court grandeur. This elegant room marked with its stained glass dome and impressive height adds a touch of old New York to a very polished and modern sense of hospitality.

No. 2 Tea & Sympathy

8aaab0cfgw1f948x2wv43j20ku0ku7aq
Tea time and brunch. Two things I can do all day and everyday. This place is flabbergasting. I came here to do tea time with my friends and to get that real authentic British experience. I've lived in London and have family there so my tea time expectations are sometimes high. This place is quaint and small but the tea is amazing! I had a black tea which was a mix of earl grey and English breakfast, which was genius! The actual sandwiches and scones with my oh so favorite clotted cream was no nonsense. The sandwiches were thick and filling. My friends had the black currant tea which was so crisp and delicious. They have Ribena Black currant, which we both had iced! Talk about throwback to my London days. The owner nicely placed a store right next door where you can shop for all your Favorite goodies. I left with a bag of the black currant tea. Thank you T&S for bringing London to the village!

2 comments: