Friday, November 4, 2016

Let Brunch Wake YOU Up Part I

Brunch will forever be a hotly debated topic, particularly in New York City where an estimated wait time is 46 moons plus a donation of your first-born child, and a real-life nightmare is known as "club brunch" leads to belligerent people terrorizing the streets at 5pm.
What is brunch other than code for "celebrating life," right? It's the weekend, and you have all day to drink, eat, chill, and catch up with your favorite people. At brunch, life is beautiful.
There's no better city for brunch than New York, where there are endless, unparalleled options. Here are FIVE brunch spots are worth checking out!

NO.1 Jack's Wife Freda

Jack's Wife Freda puts an American spin on Mediterranean flavors, with dishes like baked eggs in a green shakshuka sauce, poached eggs with grilled tomato and halloumi, and marinated chicken kebabs. The rosewater waffle and house-cured duck bacon are must-try as well.
The simple space gets packed quickly, and long lines are common, but customers are more than willing to wait for the impeccable food.
img_3742

No.2 Sarabeth's

This is the best brunch spot in NYC that I've ever tried up to now. It's worth the popularity and the price. I had brunch with two friends last Saturday and we had a great time. It took like 25 minutes to get a table for on a Saturday late morning. My friends had classic Benedict and crab cake Benedict, I got a small piece from each of them. The muffin base is so so so good. And the Benedict as a whole is perfect. We also had coffee, orange juice,  bacon and roast potatoes as sides. They are all good, though a little pricey.
The service is fantastic too. I highly recommend this.
img_4139

No.3 By Chloe

For vegan food, this is one of the best I've had! My meat lover friends from Los Angeles recommended it to me so I knew it must be good.
Taco Quinoa Bowl: this was really really really good. whatever the dressing is, it went really well with the salad and the fake meat on top. The fake meat was juicy and very savory.
Guac Burger: I actually didn't think this was particularly VERY good but it was still great for vegan food. I've had similar veggie burger bean patties like it, so I wasn't blown away.
Get the ketchup and chipotle sauces! they'll make your bowls/ burgers even better :)
Eat Well. Eat with purpose. 
img_3660
To be Continued...

1 comment: